Thursday, August 21, 2014

August UFO #21

Excuse all the wrinkles on the blocks and quilt tops I have been posting this month.  I haven't taken time to press any of them!  This is an interesting quilt top.  I first started on the internet in 1997 and in 1998 and 1999 I was in a lot of swaps.  This was a black and white swap and I just couldn't decide what to do with the blocks.  I am not even sure when I set this together but it wasn't too many years ago.  I was going to do a colored sashing but then decided to just sew the blocks together and use it as a pieced back for another quilt.  That didn't work out so now I have kind of a busy top.  Should I take it apart and put sashing?  Should I leave it?  I'm just not sure.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I can't believe you were going to use this as a back. LOL Sashing would calm it down, but that would be a lot of work to take it all apart and redo it. If you really like the quilt, then it's worth it to get it how you want.