Monday, October 26, 2020

Making Progress!

I have made progress on the twins quilts!  I had to do a lot of juggling to get all the pieces to fit, but ended up sewing blocks in units and adding filler strips where needed.   I also worked on a few other projects.  I also can't believe how cold it is and the snow we have already had this year!  I hope it is not a prelude of what is to come over the winter.  Work continues to be stressful, but at least we are in school every day, so I need to be thankful I am not teaching Kindergarten and First Grade via Zoom like last spring!

Remy's quilt top without borders.  

If you will notice there is a difference in this one.  I accidentally switched the unit with the green bear, it is supposed to be on the other side of the top!  I noticed after all six sections were assembled and I decided to leave it so it isn't the same as his sister's!
Finn's quilt top

I made 6 border stripe tablerunners for a friend.  They are quick and easy and use the quick turn or pillowcase method of finishing, no binding!  These use the 60 degree ruler.  The ones on the bottom are wider, using the bigger 60 degree ruler.  I didn't even know there was one, but a friend had it.

Linking up with Design Wall Monday.