Friday, March 19, 2010

Quilt a day #19

8 of us in my quilt guild showed up to tie quilts today. We finished 4 and have another one partly done. We will be going back tomorrow. We are getting quite a large store of quilts on hand for Helping Hands, which is good. We really don't want to have to give them out because that means something has happened that requires them.

I am showing a couple of wallhangings that I made for my late friend Deb today. The first one is a mini that I altered from a Foundation Piecer magazine and the other one was a challenge we did with each other. She sent me fabrics and this is what I made. I can't remember where the pattern was.

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Perfect for a spring day.

Sharon T in Napa said...

Those quilts are so nice to see Julie. It is so odd, and yet nice, to see Deb's smiling photo on my facebook friends list.....I'm sure you are missing her. You were such a great friend to her.....

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Lovely quilts - they go together so well. How wonderful that you have some of Deb's quilts. She is certainly missed by us all.

Anonymous said...

I love the cute trees and tulips! They are scrappy, yet not. Can't quite put my finger on how to describe them, but they're awesome!