Sunday, March 14, 2010

Quilt a day #14

I decided to post some miniature quilt photos today. This trip around the world is one I made on Mother's Day sometime in the late 90's. Doug took the kids away for several hours as my present and I got the whole thing made and quilted. The squares finish at 1".
I have no idea what year I made this but it was in the late 90's. I made three of them, gave two as gifts and kept one for myself. It is hand quilted. Without running up two flights of stairs my estimate of size is 12" X 15".
This quilt was made in 2002. I saw the quilt in American Patchwork and Quilting and decided to make it but in a smaller scale. The church dash blocks finish at 2.25". I love the color combination of this one and I used to not like yellow at all! The flowers are fused on and I just stitched them down as the quilting. The quilt is 20" square.

2 comments:

Sharon T in Napa said...

so you go from HUGE to little - LOL! I've been dabbling a bit with my 4" blocks. WTG posting everyday. Do you look forward to it?

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Your dedication to small projects amazes me - they are lovely.