Wednesday, March 10, 2010

quilt a day #10

I changed the picture on the previous post to the finished quilt instead of the quilt top for the 4-H fundraiser and I found the year was 2006 that I made that quilt. I thought I was posting the finished quilt the first time!

A busy day with work, dentist, yet another blood draw and major grocery shopping.

This quilt was one I had totally forgotten about and I forgot how much I loved it. I donated it to the 4-H program in 2005. Fortunately we were able to stop doing raffles after the next year, because I was really donating a lot and had a hard time saying no! I am a huge believer in volunteering and I still do lead 4-H sewing and quilting projects.I have no clue when I made this delectable mountain quilt, possibly around 2002. It's not a great photo, it was taken at a quilt show. Sally Howard in Seattle machine quilted it for me and did a fabulous job. I had seen it in an old issue of Quilting Today magazine.

2 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

More great qults - I'm really enjoying this series.

Jeanne said...

I love both of your quilts today. I've always wanted to make a lone star and your delectable mountain quilt. Sally did a fantastic job one the quilting.