Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Some Oldies

I'm having a forgetful week, forgetting to take my purse to town Monday (it's hard to buy anything with no money!) and I definitely didn't speed! Today I forgot to put sugar in the Snickerdoodles I was making. After that I couldn't remember where I put the mixing bowl to make a new batch of cookies after throwing the others away. I finally found it in the microwave after looking for 20 minutes!

In the early to mid 90's I got going on a lot of small projects that could be finished in a shorter amount of time. This little Grandmother's Fan is 12" X 16". I made it in 1993 and added ribbon for an accent and hand quilted it.This wallhanging is about 18" square and also made in 1993. the leaves are dimensional and the violets are gathered yo-yo's with french knot centers. I think I needed a little practice at having a square quilt! The pattern was in Miniature Quilts magazine. It's hand quilted.
I saw this quilt in a Christmas quilting magazine in the mid 90's. I didn't date the quilt unfortunately. It is paper pieced and I just had to make it. I machine quilted it on the diagonal with metallic thread. It's about 32" square.
I actually took these photos tonight. As I said my photos are going to be random based on what I feel like posting and some days you will get more than one!

1 comment:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What diversity - love them all. That crookedy one is interesting - makes me want to stare at it a long time and see what it will do next.