Monday, March 15, 2010

quilt a day #15

I have been sewing on an American Hero string quilt today and decided to post more mini quilt photos. The first one is about 13" X 16" and was a pattern I picked up several years ago at a quilt show. I started it and then set it aside because I got confused on the pattern but then finally just changed it to suit myself.The next one is one that didn't start with a plan. I just started sewing batik strips together and sliced then and this is what I came up with. It's about 16 X 20 and I gifted in a Christmas stocking exchange on an internet group.The last one is done with Buggy Barn In the Pink fabrics. I can't stand the color brown or dull colors normally, but I was attracted to this grouping of fabrics and got some FQ's. I made log cabin blocks and they are hard to see but I appliqued some random leaves on the light color. It's 22" square I think!Lisa and Brad are here on spring break and they helped their dad move a "new" combine home today. It was a 7 hour round trip as combines don't go that fast!

3 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I love love love that house quilt - except I'd never make a mini - just too fiddly for my taste - but I love it when others make them.

Glad the combine got home safely - that is a long trip.

Jeanne said...

Love the log cabin! What size are the blocks? Did you paper-piece?This is one I'd like to try sometime. I love brown and pink togeter.

Anonymous said...

I love your minis. One of these days... lol! Did they enjoy their time being "pilots"? ROFL! Guess it's getting late, as my humor is probably indecipherable.