Monday, June 17, 2019

Kaffe Fassett Blocks and a finish

I joined a block swap on Instagram using Kaffe Fassett fabrics.  There are 14 members in my group and we make one for each person in their color choices.  I have not yet made my own block because I will look at the others when they come back and see what I need to finish.  I am mailing these out this week!  No two are alike and I didn't really make a dent in my Kaffe stash!  But I have gotten some ideas for more quilts!  Two are going to Canada and two to Australia.

I have been doing a LOT of outside work and have had a variety of appointments with three more this week.  I finished up a quilt that was basted in my last basting party.  It was quick and easy.  It is not a quilt top I made, but was from my quilt guild.  I am a charter member from the early 90's but can rarely make it to a meeting since they are in the day time.  I quilted and bound this top and it will be donated to some organization.  I did simple organic quilting 

 You should not attempt to take outside pictures on a windy day!



Linking up with Design Wall Monday.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

What a great quilt for the guild! I wish I looked at instagram more to see that swap when it opened. Right up my alley :) I love your blocks together.

Mary said...

Nice finish even if you didn't make it. It will keep someone happy and warm. I saw the swap, I have sworn off them.

Ramona said...

I have seen these blocks on Instagram and love them! What is your Instagram handle? I look forward to seeing what you add to this Kaffe quilt. Your finish is a beautiful quilt and will make someone feel very warm and comfie.