Sunday, January 10, 2021

Still Quilting!

 I honestly have no excuses for not posting photos.  I did post some of them on Instagram.  I got very depressed with the holidays and things not being "normal".  I have nothing to complain about, we are healthy, we have jobs, our children and grandchildren are healthy, but working at a school and dealing with masking took it's toll along with winter blahs.  I do worry a lot about all the families affected by virus.  It has been a rough year for so many people, so I told myself to pull it together!

However, I did keep quilting, it kept my sanity!  I don't even have pictures of everything I made.  I switched phones and thought I transferred everything, but everything is out of order.  I also have a new computer.  Yes, nothing like new electronics to drive a person crazy!  

These won't be in the order I made them, but here goes!

A year ago when I visited my daughter and grandkids in Kentucky, she asked me to make a new tree skirt.  Their tree is decorated all with yellow duck ornaments (I also make or buy the twins yellow duck ornaments every year).  I had these navy Sparkle Suede fabrics and they seemed to set off the yellow ducks.  I had them for another project, obviously I hadn't started that project.  I drafted the pattern myself based on the size of their center opening in their tree holder.  It arrived in time to spend December under their tree!


I was commissioned to make a T-shirt quilt for a sort of relative by marriage. The weather was terrible and I didn't get outside pics so the pics are on my basement floor.  This is an original design/layout.






A friend and I participated in the Merry Mayhem New Year's mystery.  I am not a fan of green, but I loved the new line of fabric called Blooming Bunch for Maureen McCormick from the Brady Bunch.  I do like the layout of this mystery quilt and I really did piece it in one day!
From the same line of fabric I made three aprons.  The toddler size is in the picture.  I also made three tablerunners for my friend's quilt shop.


This is a topper/wallhanging I made this weekend.  It turned out pretty cute!  It is about 30" square.
The next two are for my friend's shop.



I made this tablerunner for a gift.  I loved the dimensional poinsettias.  I used red batiks.  It is hard to see the silver sparkles in the background.


Okay, I will try to keep up with reading blogs and posting on mine!

Linking up to Design Wall Monday.

4 comments:

Sally said...

Julie, I always enjoy reading your blog and am always inspired by the quantity and variety of your projects! I've been fortunate that both my current quilt group here on Whidbey and previous quilt group in W. Seattle have gone to online Zoom meetings. It's really fun to keep in touch, see projects, etc. on a regular basis. We're even going to have a virtual speaker and trunk show this month with another inspiring quilt blogger - Pie Lady Quilts.

Quilter Kathy said...

Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well over the holidays, but glad to hear you are continuing to quilt to stay sane. I say "Quilting is medicine"!
Love your version of the mystery! I looked at that one, but couldn't figure out the fabric requirements... I need those decisions to be easy or I'm overwhelmed from the start!

Ramona said...

It was a tough holiday for so many this past year, so you weren't alone! Thank goodness we have a hobby that can bring us joy and inspiration. Love all of your projects, but the tree skirt is my favorite. What a fun idea to have a "duck" Christmas tree! Happy Quilting! :)

QuiltGranma said...

Yes, quilting IS good medicine. What a grand amount you got done! And such a cute tree skirt too.