Monday, November 09, 2020

Quilts Mailed!

I finished the quilts for my soon to be three year old twin grandkids.  I mailed them last week.   It cost a minor fortune to mail them from Idaho to Kentucky!  I also made a quilt top for a friend from a kit she had.  For the twins quilts I used three patterns by Elizabeth Hartman and figured out my own layout.



quilting closeup on Remy's quilt.







closeup of Finn's quilting.
Labels.  I do not have an embroidery machine, so I improvised with the lettering on my regular machine.  Their last name is covered for privacy.

This is the Tula Pink quilt I made for my friend with a fussy cut block closeup below.


Linking up with Design Wall Monday.



6 comments:

Ramona said...

You did an awesome job on your grandkids quilts, Julie. I just love how you combine the three patterns to make your own design. They will love these for years. The fabric in your friends quilt is so fun, too. You've been very busy!

Kat Scribner said...

Wonderful quilts, the colors are so pretty. The grands will adore them!

Mary said...

Postage keeps going up. I like UPS for quilts. Roll them tight in a jumbo ziplock and squish them into a box. The twins have an Awesome grandma. Lpve the Tula fussy cut.

Jennifer said...

Those quilts are fabulous - excellent colors and use of the patterns!

Quiltpiecer said...

Oh my, the quilts for your grandkids are awesome! I love them. My young-adult GD lives in Kentucky and I sent her a quilt from Calif. I used USPS priority mail flat rate box and cost less than $13. I used one of those air-lock baggies and squished it in the box. Worked great. But for items that don't fit the flat rate boxes, I prefer FedEx over UPS.

Harrison Rebbecca said...

Are you facing any kind of difficulty in life and want the help of a spell caster, are you facing divorce and want a reconciliation Dr.OKOLO is the right and genuine man for the job, he is really good at what he does because he also helped me to recover my husband after separation contact him on WhatsApp: +2347031895935 OR email drokolosolutioncenter@gmail.com I would advise you to contact DR OKOLO because he is the right man to help you get your problem solved.You can reach him for the following spell work: love spell,divorce spell,Forgiveness Spell Attractiveness Spell, marriage spell, death spell, lottery spell,herbal medicine for any kind of health problem