Tuesday, October 08, 2019

A Few Tops and a Small Finish

Since our fair in mid September it doesn't seem like I have accomplished a lot.  I made a mini quilt, but other than that it has been tops.  I have done some canning, projects for school, had a family funeral and company and I hope I can focus on projects again soon!  I know to most people I accomplish a lot, but I am used to being an over achiever possibly?  😄

Here are some of the projects I have worked on recently:

This is an 18" mini I designed and made for the Teal Mini Swap in the support of Ovarian Cancer research.  The fabric we were sent is the teal one that is just to the left of center on top and to the right of center on the bottom.  My swap partner likes modern and bright colors  and I called this Sound Waves. 
 This is the mini I received from my partner in Pennsylvania! 
 I have been making some tops for my friend's quilt shop, Your Best Friend's Quilt Shop  I made two dog quilts, that were pretty cute with fussy cutting.  They are throw size. 

I also repeated making this flannel quilt from a kit for the shop.  She sold the other one!


I also repeated making this fox quilt, because the other sample was also sold!  The owner is lucky to be able to sell completed quilts, but I am looking forward to some of the other fun projects she sent me!


I love the colors of fall, although I am not a fan of cold weather.  Snow is predicted for tonight!  YIKES!  I am so not ready for that.  I need to get out and take more fall pics.  We have huge maple trees in our yard.  I snapped this one on my way to town last week.  I drop down 2,000 feet to get to the closest town and the valley was socked in with fog.  It was a cloudy day when I got down there!



3 comments:

Ramona said...

The mini quilt you made is awesome! The bright colors and design just sing. The quilt you received is too cute, also. You have been very busy! Getting four shop samples done in addition to all of your others activities is impressive. The photo of the valley is beautiful... love the look of the fog from above.

Vivian said...

The dog quilts are adorable! You make outstanding quilts - you should make a deal with the quilt shop owner to sell your completed quilts in her shop! I share your outlook on the weather- warmer is definitely better!

Mary said...

I loke your Mini! Sorry about the SNOW! Hope it leaves so you can meet up with Melissa. See you at the Show on Friday.