Monday, September 16, 2019

Another Finished UFO!

In my last quilt basting party I pin basted a quilt that has been waiting quite a few years for quilting.  The blocks were from years of swaps from a yahoo group called Washington State Internet Quilters.  I was a charter member of the group (started in 1998) and the blocks are representative of things in Washington.  I can see Washington from my bedroom window, although it is an hour drive!  I shop in Washington all the time since that is where some of the major chain stores are, all super close together.  Anyway this was my connection to Washington (along with going to college there).  I made so many wonderful friends from that group and have met a lot of them at retreats or quilt shows.

I have another quilt I made with some of the blocks and posted the top HERE.  That one is finished.  Now this one is!  I finished the binding Wednesday night and entered it in our county fair Thursday.  I am co-superintendent of the quilt department and spent 8 hours checking in quilts and afghans.  On Friday I was there for judging.  I was given a blue ribbon for the quilt and initially received Best of Show, but turned it down.  I did not make all the blocks, so I felt I should not receive Best of Show.  The person who received it was thrilled.

I custom quilted each block and did simple straight line quilting in the sashing.




Linking up with Design Wall Monday.

5 comments:

Mary said...

Great way to set the varied blocks. I loved our WASIQ swap. I don't see any of the blocks I made.

Sally said...

Wonderful quilt, I like how the setting showcases each block.

Ramona said...

This is such a great collection of blocks. Did the two quilts use all of the blocks that you had? Beautiful finish. And congrats! on the ribbon!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a great finish!!! Whoop Whoop and a Blue ribbon - you go girl!!

Judy D in WA said...

Love, love, love! I need to pull out my blocks and get busy on them too. Basting parties are such energy boosts for me now. Thank you for that awesome tip.