Monday, September 02, 2019

Three Quilts Basted

This has not been a productive summer quilt wise.  I have had too many other things going on.  I had previously held two "basting parties", although it's not really a party if you are there by yourself!  I basted several quilts each time and have them all quilted.  I started that process again.  One basting party was in this post.

For my design wall my One Block Wonder is still there.  Check it out here.

I am trying to get back in the quilting mode, but of course school started and I had to go back to work last week!  Hence, the basting so I don't have to think when I get home from work and there will be a project ready.  I need to do more, but I need to get the bottom one quilted first as it is part of a quilt along.

These are the three quilts I have basted so far.  Two of them are OLD, OLD UFO's!

My younger daughter came to visit for the weekend and brought her 21 month old twins Finn and Remy.  Her husband stayed home to do some house painting.  Much easier to do without toddlers underfoot!  The kids were not totally impressed with the farm equipment.  They each got a truck ride to the field and saw the combines in action.  We have home storage and the truck was dumping food barley in the bin.  It is used to make items like Fiber One granola bars.

I did post a quilt a day on Instagram for August, so if you are not a follower follow me there @julie.huffman .  A very original handle!

Linking up with Design Wall Monday.

6 comments:

Mary said...

Awesome to have Quilts basted, ready to Quilt. I may have to do a few your way. It was fun to participate in the IG Parade og Quilts. Finn and Remy are cute!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Aww man - I want to be them - I would totally be impressed with a ride and farm equipment - ha ha! YAY for quilts basted!! I think I see your Jelly Roll Waves too??? Whoop Whoop!

Ramona said...

Now that quilts are basted, you will roll. Sometimes we need to look at what we did accomplish rather than what we didn’t. You got a lot done this summer for your family! Hope the start of your school year goes smoothly.

Barb N said...

Great idea to have those quilts basted and ready to go when you are! The weather has been so nice, it's hard to stay inside very long. So fun to have your grandkids visit, even if they aren't so impressed with the machinery, lol! Have a good school year.

Judy D in WA said...

Your babies are so darn cute! I only got 2 basted, 1 has only side remaining to finish the binding, the other is almost quilted. I'm going to have another basting party soon because hunting/quilting season is almost here. :)

QuiltGranma said...

So many bloggers have gone to Instagram etc, and I do not plan on also investing my time in any of those. If it isn't in my email then so long. So glad you had yourself a nice party basting quilts! Hope you had a treat afterwards! OR more than one treat! It has been so hot here in central eastern OR!