Friday, August 23, 2019

One Block Wonder started

Last year I met a long time online friend for the first time.  She was in my area and I drove to meet her.  We had lunch and I took her to a quilt shop.  We bought the same piece of fabric for a one block wonder.  I cut all the pieces and sewed the half hexagons and today I actually got them up on the wall.  My friend hasn't cut into her fabric yet!  After taking this picture and seeing it on my phone screen I can see I have a LOT of rearranging to do.  That's the thing about one block wonders.  There really is no right or wrong, it's whatever strikes your fancy.   Next time you see it, it will be very different! 



Linking up with Alycia on Finished or Not Friday

6 comments:

Ramona said...

I haven't made one of these in years and just might have to move it to the top part of the list. Do you have a piece of the original fabric? I love the colors in this one.

Fabric Fanatic said...

Yes, I'm always curious about what the original yardage looked like. Show it? Please?

Kim said...

Such a fabulous fabric. You will have fun playing with this one.

Sue SA said...

Wow, that's amazing that its all out of one fabric! I have never made one, but I can see the appeal now I know that.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is so colorful!! I like it - can't wait to see how you rearrange ( it looks like a puzzle !!)

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Love those jelly rolls btw.
This is beautiful and looks so intricate. I need to learn more about one block wonders. Happy Stitching from me!