Monday, August 05, 2019

Not a lot of Quilting Motivation

July has been a crazy busy month and I just can't seem to get back to the swing of quilting.  I do bits and pieces, but since it's August I need to get a move on before school starts up again!  I had a list of house projects to accomplish and I still have a few more on my to do list, but I have gotten a lot done.  They just take so much time.  I have a big house and it's hard to get rid of stuff, but I have been hauling carloads away.

I do have a bit about quilting at the end of this post!

Our biggest news this month was the birth of our fifth grandchild, Kathryn Ruth.  Her mom is my oldest daughter Amy.  Kathryn was born July 11th.  My sisters were here staying with us for a few days for a family memorial service and visit and we caravaned to Boise on the 15th.  Kathryn is adorable! 

I got to see my twin grandchildren, whose mom is my younger daughter Lisa. This is Remy


And this is Finn.  

On the 17th I brought Kathryn's brother and sister home with me.  Nicole is 5 and Jared is 7.  We had a lot of fun with them.  My husband took Jared on a 9 mile backpacking trip one night.  Nicole and I were the drivers dropping them off at one end of the trail and picking them up the next day.  The trail goes along Dworshak Reservoir (lake behind the highest straight axis dam in North America).  

One of my sisters came back up with her son and and we took our boat out on the same lake.  We love the swimming docks in the lake, the kids really enjoyed jumping into the deep water.
Dent Bridge in the background.

My sister gave the kids a ride back home on the 24th and I started in on house projects.  I finally got to my quilt room.  I pulled a bunch of fabric off the shelves and got it all refolded. 


 I got these three blocks done from the Enchanted Garden Block of the Month I joined.
I have been doing leader ender 9 patches with an alternate block out of Kaffe Fassett leftovers.

 I am machine quilting this quilt for a friend.

Other than that I have been organizing projects and cutting up scraps and staring at all the things I want to do!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Cute new Granddaughter! You had a busy July for sure. Sorting and cutting fabric is not easy to do. I do like to re-fold stuff and organize. Cleaning between is good. We need an AFTER Picture, lol

Ramona said...

Your newest Granddaughter is adorable! I love her little shirt. :) It's fun to see photos of your other grands, too. They have all grown so much. You are getting a lot done at your house! The quilting will come, especially now that your space is cleaner. Enjoy the rest of the week.

QuiltGranma said...

Love babies T-shirt too! Looks like good times!