Friday, April 28, 2006

Inspiration Abounds

Last night I went to a meeting of my small design group, the 3-D's in Lewiston. I am DeepPurple Designing Diva, we all have a different D name for the first D. There is a lot of originality and creativity in this group and we are focusing on learning new techniques for non-traditional pieces. As usual, I came away from there wanting to do something fun, instead of the traditional stuff I have been stuck doing for a long time. At the same time, I picked up 9 quilt tops to machine quilt for a friend however. Machine quilting helps support my habit, so they are hard to turn down.

This morning I took time to make 7 Artist Trading Cards (ATC's). I made them in a sheet and I will have to try again on a picture. The flash is really washing out the color in the cards, they are only 2 1/2" X 3 1/2" and it felt great to do something fun. This afternoon I had another group of Deva's (spelled differently) to attend and it was also a lot of fun. My quilt guild has Joyce Becker (author of Luscious Landscapes) coming to do a class in June and we have been going over the supply list. I don't have paints, pens, etc., but will be ordering some.

A new book I got recently that is very inspirational is Quilt Toppings by Melody Crust. I can hardly wait to try some of the ideas in the book. Again, I need more supplies! To that end I ordered a Dharma Trading Company catalog today!

My daughter is on her trip to D.C. that her government class won (see an earlier post) and called three times today. She had never flown before and was thrilled with the experience. Their trip is interspersed with sight seeing and competing in "We the People".

No comments: