Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Finally Finished!

My Tropical Flowers is unofficially finished, I still have to add a label, but I finally have it this far! I started this quilt (using a Judy Niemeyer pattern)http://quiltworx.com/index.html .

I did the paper piecing at a quilting retreat in Feb. 2005, in Oct. 2005 I did the fusible applique (without stitching it down) and I quilted most of it at a retreat in March 2006. I used techniques from the book "Coloring with Thread" to quilt the applique pieces down .

This is the quilt I was working on when my Janome 6500 died, completely froze up with the needle down. The machine was less than a year old and has been a nightmare to have fixed do to the lack of dealers in my area and some other problems with the dealer I did take it to. The machine is ready but I have not had time to make the six hour round trip to pick it up!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Gorgeous, Spud!

I would be so frustrated with the machine! I hope it is really fixed this time.