Monday, January 06, 2020

First Finish of 2020!

I was working on this quilt top during December and couldn't post photos as it was a gift.  I was overwhelmed with lots of other things and got it to the top stage and gifted it that way.  I took it back and quilted it and gave it to my boss today on our first day back at school.

This was a kit I bought six years ago I think (maybe longer who knows!) from Starr Fabrics.  It had appliques with it and got put aside because it was not something that could be worked on at a retreat and keep track of pieces and it never got high on my list at home to work on!  Then I fell out of love with it.  I also had a smaller quilt kit I had made up from the same company.  When I got that quilt finished my boss said how much she loved it and had made a joke about wanting a king size quilt.  Well.....  I was able to order some blue fabric for the border and I started on the quilt.  I had issues and almost quit but I persevered and figured out what I was doing wrong in cutting the strata. 

I machine quilted it this past weekend on my Pfaff Grand quilter and yes, it is tough quilting a king size quilt that way!  I just did an all over stipple/loop quilting and had fun.  I watched TV and stitched down the binding and finished Sunday night!  I admit I like it much better now!

I took a picture on my daughter's bed in my house and then at school today.






She loved the quilt!
Linking up with Design Wall Monday and Monday Making.




4 comments:

Sally said...

Beautiful quilt! It's fun to have a recipient who loves the finished project.

Ramona said...

I love, love this quilt! I know you were doing the happy dance when you finished it. And I'm sure your boss was overjoyed!

QuiltGranma said...

Wow, I've never seen one like that! If I have, it was not as pretty as yours!

Nicolette said...

Your quilt is beautiful, I also love it !