Monday, July 30, 2018

Wedding Quilt!

I mailed the wedding quilt last Thursday and it was received in Kentucky Saturday!  I mailed it from a small post office in a town of 300 people and they don't have a postage printer and the postmaster put on a massive amount of stamps! 

The bride called me Saturday to thank me and say how wonderful it was and all that fun stuff!  So now is the big reveal!  This is an original design.  I used a world map, traced it and traced it again in sharpie on the reverse to get a transferrable design.  I hand cut and zigzagged around each piece!  I loved adding the stripe fabric for some interest and of course stars.  I drafted the design in EQ7.  I wanted a filler border and deccided on a swag. I threw together two Trip Around the World throw pillows from leftover pieces.

This is a king size quilt and I custom machine quilted it on my little Pfaff Grand Quilter.  I had extra tables around to support the weight!

Original Design - Stars Around the World - Huffman wheat almost ready for harvest in the background
 and it is laying on a round hay bale!

on the sewing room floor

center

swag border with stars and loops quilting

throw pillows
My birthday party went great over the weekend.  One daughter and her two kids are still here, but everyone else left and it was so fun to have so many people here!  The food was amazing.  When you say potluck in this community, everyone goes all out!  I can't believe I am really 60!  Neither can my mom, since I am her oldest!

Even though this quilt is no longer on  my design wall or floor I am posting to Design Wall Monday on Small Quilts and Doll Quilts. 



5 comments:

Ramona said...

Wow, Julie! This quilt is just beautiful! And what a labor of love. I can’t believe you finished it as quickly as you did. I know the bride and groom will treasure it forever. Happy belated birthday! Glad your party was so much fun.

Mary said...

Happy for you! It is a great finish. I love EQ for designing quilts. Glad your Party went well.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is just a fantastic quilt!!! I love your design and special ideas!!

Carli The Quilter said...

Gorgeous patriotic quilt if I ever saw one, lovely, lovely job and on a hay bale.

Ann said...

What a beautiful quilt. Thanks for explaining how you created the center. The borders are so well-balanced. They will treasure this quilt for generations.