Tuesday, February 06, 2018

Finally, another finish

The end of January became very busy with my daughter and her husband and the twins arriving for several days.  The twins are 2 1/2 months are just beginning to smile and are up over 11 lbs. now!  Remy is on the left and Finn is on the right.

I did manage to finish one quilt yesterday.  I posted a picture of the blocks in an earlier post.  They were sent to me when my son Brad passed away 4 1/2 years ago at the age of 22.  It was a very difficult time as who would have thought his heart would stop in his sleep for no known reason.  This blue/purple batik won the audition contest.  It's quilted and bound although I don't have a label yet.  I wrote on the back who made each block, but I missed six of them so they are unknown.  It was the right time to finish this.


This quilt top was made from the Quiltmaker blog a few years ago, from a monthly segment called Bitty blocks.  I am ready to quilt it!  Moving another UFO to the finished pile this week I hope!  You can barely see the border, but I will be doing a colorful binding.
pin basted and ready for quilting

Linking up with Design Wall Monday. (on Tuesday)

3 comments:

Ramona said...

Remi and Finn are adorable! They are getting so big. Your quilt made with the memory hearts is beautiful. Such a special piece. We don’t always have the answers as to why things happen and it can be difficult. I’m looking forward to seeing your next finish. You are really on a roll!

Mary said...

I'm so glad you got the hearts all together. The Bitty Blocks are a Fun Quilt. Have fun quilting ot. A multi colored binding is great.

Judy D in WA said...

Your grandbabies are adorable!
The heart quilt is so special! And those bitties make an awesome quilt! You are moving things along nicely.