Saturday, December 02, 2017

Twins! and a few other things

Our twin grandbabies were born in the wee hours of November 16th!  They arrived a little early, but do not have any complications and got to come home two days later.  Finn Bradley was 5 lbs. 9 oz. and Remy Elizabeth was 5 lbs. 5 oz.  They are doing very well and we were thrilled to get to see them at Thanksgiving.  I had 10 pound babies so these were so tiny in comparison!  It's too bad they live six hours away!  My other two grandchildren live in that same area too, so at least they are all close together!

I finished the Labyrinth Walk quilt for my nephew.  I sewed binding in the car on the way to Boise.  I stayed warm at least as my husband likes the car cooler than I do.  Unfortunately I didn't take any quilting closeups, this photo was at my sister's house.

 I joined a swap on Instagram for a Christmas pillow.  My secret person loves the tree in pickup theme so this is what I made her.  I mailed it yesterday.  It is on a 12 X 16 pillow form.
 I made this wallhanging last year for a Crayon Challenge with my small group.  I realized the photo is upside down and not cropped but oh well.  I have made three of these wallhangings now, I think they are so fun!  I have a friend who is having open heart bypass surgery this coming week so I took it to her yesterday.  When I initially showed it to my group she loved it and thought it was such a happy little quilt.  She was so thrilled to get it yesterday.  I thought she would enjoy looking at it while recovering from surgery.  She has a lot of allergies so flowers are not an option for her.
 I usually decorate for Christmas right after Thanksgiving.  We got home last weekend and I had to make a dash to town for shopping and picking up my Christmas cards.  It's an all day excursion!  I finally got out all my Christmas decorations.  These do not include my tree or a pile of stuff on the dining table.  This is my weekend project!

5 comments:

Ramona said...

Oh! Finn and Remy are just precious! I am so happy they are doing so well. I know you can't wait to see them again at Christmas. The pillow is adorable! I'm making a pillow today, too, but it's not as cute as yours. And I love the flower wall hanging. It sure will brighten up a room. Happy decorating!

Sharon said...

Congratulations on the wee babies. So much more fun in your future! Time to start the doll clothes

Judy D in WA said...

Such precious babies! You know I have asked each of my 4 children to gift me twin grands but they all have told me no. LOL I see no more grandbabies in my future but I will have greats someday. :)
Your quilt is fabulous and I love the pillow and the mini. I haven't even thought of decorating yet. I should at least think about it. Have fun with your pretties.

Janet D said...

Congratulations Julie, what a blessing the babies are now home and well. are you going to have family home for the holiday or are you going to them. Very little decorating this year for me, just some of my favorites.

Mary said...

Great Thanksgiving to have your 2 newest grandbabies to enjoy! Glad they were home so soon. I hear you on the all day trek running errands. My Nativities are the only Decorations up. Smart of you to do your Christmas cards first! Hope your friend gets better soon. The Swap partner is a lucky one. Cute pillow.