Monday, May 30, 2016

Progress on Quilt Tops

I have made some progress this week.  I am making both my daughters big quilts at their request.  I showed LIsa's last week, it is a queen size.  I couldn't get a great picture without things in the way but this is a sort of layout on the leaves.  There will be three vines randomly coming down and leaves will be on either side.  I wanted to see if I had enough.  They have fusible web on the back with the paper still attached currently.  The quilt will be bound in red.



Gentle Moments partially finished

I have this top in my collection for awhile.  The pattern was in McCall's quilting in 2001 and my friend Debi wanted to make it and bought the pink. She gave it to me along with all her 30's. Amy wants a quilt roughly 126 X 108 with a very thin batting and navy blue on one side so it can play double duty.  When she was here she saw this in my stash and said it would work.  I had set it aside because there was a booboo.  I had somehow mismeasured on the pink border and the quilt was not laying flat.  After taking the outer borders off and removing 2" off each side I got it back to this point.  Then I had to make two more white boders and then the piano key and finished it off with the only piece of 30's I had that had enough yardage.  It's so big I didn't have a place to lay or hang it.  It's in my lumpy yard so it doesn't look even and it's wrinkled so ignore that!  It was sunny so the color is a bit washed.

Gentle Moments 109 X 125

strange mushroom



Linking up with Patchwork Times.
We have woods behind our house and I have been going out and laying out trails for our dog to follow.  She is 15 months old and is doing very well at her search and rescue training.  I loved this mushroom, not sure what it is, and I love the purple flowers on the skunk cabbage.  
skunk cabbage flowers








6 comments:

Melissa said...

Have you quilted a quilt that large on your machine? (silly question I'm sure!). That's huge! For the largest one I did, I had my handiquilter up, but I've put it away (likely for good). I really like how it turned out, and it's nice to get the UFO finished up.

Lisa's quilt is looking neat with the flowers. It's going to look awesome when it's done.

Charlene S said...

I just love the brick wall with the leaves. I can picture the vines going up it. So Inspiring!

Sally said...

It's always fun to see your projects, each one is so different and inspiring.

JanetD said...

Both beautiful quilts. You're going to get a workout on quilting them for sure, but what special gifts for your daughters.

Ramona said...

Your brick wall quilt is so cool! I can't wait to see your final result. Those red leaves are going to pop. Love the 30's quilt for your other daughter, too. It will feel great to finish that one.,

Mary said...

You have lucky girls! Glad you got to use up the fabrics from Deb. I never met her, but I'm sure she is happy for you to have the fabric.