Friday, March 23, 2007

This is a tablerunner I made for a birthday gift for my friend Joann for her March birthday. It all started on Feb. 25th when one of my yahoo groups had a Christmas sew-in. We schedule them on the 25th of every month so some of us procrastinators can try to be ahead of the game when December rolls around. I have always loved the cover quilt of the book "Scraps to You" by Debbie Caffrey. I decided to start cutting batiks and make a miniature version. I seem to have slightly overcut so I start piecing and ended up with this tablerunner and sent it to Joann for her birthday. To give you an idea of scale, the darker 4 patches are made of 1" finished squares. I am working on the original project I started on the 25th, but this was a lot of fun!

1 comment:

floribunda said...

wow, Julie -- that's a beauty! I love making table-runners, but do you have any tips for keeping cats off the table? Mine loves to lie on anything quilty!