Saturday, March 24, 2007

On a Roll

Last weekend was National Quilting Day. My guild did a two day charity quiltathon. We had several tops ready and set up two frames and tied them. I was only able to attend Friday, since my son had his first track meet of the season Saturday. Friday night I came home and didn't feel like machine quilting and looked around and got out an old piece of fabric and started whacking. Literally, I did a 4 patch stack and whack. I love how this quilt turned out and the title isn't definite but something on the order of "Why is Junk Food so Bad, But Tastes so Good?"

I have a Hershey Bar fabric in my stash also that will be the backing. My friend Rosan had seen the blocks last Sunday when returning my quilt frames and brought me a piece of french fry fabric yesterday, but I had the top together. I think I have come up with a plan for it though. I am going to fussy cut areas and fuse them on around the border and use the fabric for binding! This was a total stash project. Now to get it quilted along with lots of other projects!


No comments: