Sunday, February 10, 2019

Fossil Fern Fantasy and Baby Quilt

First, I finished a quick baby quilt.  I used leftover 9 patch blocks from 15 years ago (I can't believe I still had them, and I have a lot more) and fabric leftover from the Gemstones quilt.  I didn't get a picture of the backing, it is a cute pink cat flannel.

 I tackled one of the projects in my basting party stack.  I pieced this quilt in 2010.  The only reason I know that is I searched and found it on my blog.  Interestingly I also did a Google search to see if there were other versions of this quilt and I could only come up with mine!  The pattern was in Australian Patchwork and Quilting in 2004 and I followed their lead and used Fossil Fern fabrics.  The quilt is called Fossil Fern Fantasy.
Fossil Fern Fantasy
 Here are some closeups of the quilting.  I used Superior King Tut threads for the quilting.


Another old project is done!

Linking up with Design Wall Monday and Main Crush Monday

4 comments:

Ramona said...

Wow, Julie...your quilting is GORGEOUS!! Great finish! Will this beauty stay with you or be gifted to someone? Love the baby quilt, too.

Mary said...

Fossil Ferns, lol. I love that you name dropped the fabric name. Pretty finishes!!

Judy D in WA said...

Awesome finishes Julie. I love both of them. I think I may have used up all the Fossil Fern fabrics I had. I remember buying several fat quarters and loved them all! Can't wait to see the next finishes. Thanks for the inspiration!

spacer said...

I love fossil fern fabricand that is an awesome use of it. Beautiful quilt and quilting,