Wednesday, January 02, 2019

Two Finishes

I thought I would have something else to show, but it is taking longer than I expected.  I decided to just show that I have two finishes for January so far!  I got the bindings done on my scrappy leftover triangle tablerunner and this Sparkling Gemstones quilt.

Scrappy Gemstones is the name of the pattern in the book Jelly Roll Quilts.  It is not the first one of this pattern I have made.  I originally started this quilt four years ago for a teenager who loves pink.  I never got it to her for graduation.  She will soon be graduating from college and I have no clue if she still likes pink!  I will have to do some sleuthing. I quilted a motif in each elongated 4 patch section, but you can't see it!
Sparkling Gemstones

closeup
These triangles were the cut offs from a sampler BOM quilt top I made.  I couldn't bear to throw them away, so I sewed them up last year.  It's a fun tablerunner now!  I just did straight line quilting on the diagonal.
Scrappy Triangle Tablerunner

pinwheel closeup

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Look at you go!!! With 1 finish a day, you'll have finished more than you even have on your list - just kidding - none of us does one a day for a year. But you are out of the starting gate with a bang. CONGRATULATIONS

where do I sign to get your blog?

Ramona said...

Great finishes! I like what you did to the smaller pinwheels to make them big enough. You are really on a roll!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Great finishes!! Love the pink quilt - I bet she will still love it, if you can part with it. and the tablerunner is so cute!

QuiltGranma said...

Wonderful! Finishes are great!