Sunday, April 11, 2010

Quilt a day #35

I am home from a wonderful quilt retreat. My eye cooperated, although my right eye has to do all the seeing, at least the left one didn't hurt! I hope I can cut the dilating to once a day at night and see better!

I did get quite a lot accomplished. I quilted my larger than queen size Canyon Dance quilt. It took a 2,000 yard cone of Superior King Tut thread and lots more time than I anticipated! It was getting down to the wire on thread, but fortunately I changed thread on the border. I want to get the binding on and then take good picture.

I made this top below and another one Saturday. The pieces for this one were all precut last weekend. My friend Deb had an Australian Patchwork magazine and had sent it to me years ago along with some fabric telling me I had to make this quilt. I finally did and although I absolutely love the quilt, I discovered I really dislike working with Fossil Fern fabrics! It's completely Fossil Ferns (the bacckground is a pale gray). The pattern is called Fossil Fern Fantasy. I decided to make a Sudoku quilt out of some of the leftovers and still need to put the outer borders on. I will continue to be posting photos!

2 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wow - that is amazing. I'm with you on working with certain fabrics - sometimes they just are not fun.

Glad you got so much done - I am constantly amazed at how fast you make these fabulous quilts.

Sally said...

Julie, you are amazing! Another beautiful quilt. I hope your eye continues to improve.
Sally