Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Quilt a day #45

Today was a surprise when I woke up to snow outside! My pretty tulips were all buried under snow and the roads were a mess. The snow has melted but the winds have been atrocious.

I have had bits and pieces of time and cut up a bunch of scraps and have been making scrappy 9 patches for a swap and some for when the blocks come back and then I further cut up a bunch of scraps into 10", 5", and 2.5" squares. My batiks are being cut into different pieces because I had a quilt in mind but now can't remember what!

When I went to put the 5" squares in the drawer I realized all my 3" finished 4 patches from several months of guild swapping were there. I laid the out and then made some more to fill in to a certain size. I haven't added borders yet, but this is what I have so far. I will donate it to a charity.

2 comments:

Erika Mulvenna said...

Wow, snow? At least it won't last! Love that you've made a quilt for charity! Have you visited www.WeAllSew.com to see the Sew to Serve page - a growing list of charities that need help from sewers and quilters to help others!

A. Person said...

I love this quilt, it's amazing!