Monday, February 19, 2018

Five More UFO's Bite the Dust!

Although I still don't have my list typed up, I have it written on paper, I have knocked off five UFO's this weekend!  Admittedly I picked some easy ones, but hey they are done and not in my piles anymore!  We had snow this weekend so it was a great time to hide out and quilt.  The first photo was taken Saturday and that night we had massive wind and it knocked the snow off the trees.  The second picture is a walk in our woods behind the house Sunday.  It's hard to tell, but the snow was about a foot deep out in the open. 
I finished quilting and bound Tutti Fruiti.  It measures 60 X 72.  It was in a McCall's magazine and I used Moda Basic Grey Grunge and Compositions fabrics.
Tutti Fruiti
Here is a closeup.  I LOVE the background fabrics! I free motion outline stitched around the pinwheels and black squares, and the rest is a simple stipple for texture.

I finished three tablerunners.  A few years ago a local quilt shop was really into the 60 degree border print tablerunners.  I made these two out of one length of print, but the orange was pretty intense.  I put them away.  Now they are done!  One will be donated to the senior center fundraising efforts.  The make a bunch of gift baskets every year and raffle them.  The center one was a charm pack and a poinsettia print.  My prints were just really busy, and I set it aside.  Now I like it and it's finished!

 I started this tote bag 8 years ago.  I got bored sewing on raw edge strips and the size was odd so I set it aside.  I finished it in about 30 minutes!  I had the straps made, but not sewn on, and then I just had to sew up the sides.  I was supposed to add a pocket, but I am using it as a quilt carry bag.  It's done!
Not quilt related, but I work in a two room school (although we call it a one room as all the students do have a desk in one room).  I pull the Kindergarten and First Grade students out and we sit around in a table in our second room with the library and play center.  We have a half size gym.  Normally the students bring their lunch every day, but once a month parents cook a hot lunch in our tiny kitchen.  For Valentine's Day the students invited guests and they did the decorating with supplies belonging to a couple of parents.  We practice manners and dress up.
the door to the kitchen is in the corner.  Doors to the hallway are on the right out of view.
the door to the PE equipment storage room is in the far corner.  Doors to the hallway are on the left.
 Linking up with Design Wall Monday and Main Crush Monday and Monday Making.




9 comments:

Robin said...

I really like the way the Tutti-Frutti quilt turned out. There is so much movement. Sounds like you got a lot of snow. We have over 6 inches so far and it is still snowing. I love it.

Suzanne said...

I love the Tutti Frutti pattern. All your projects are great finishes. My Husband attended a one room school house. He has fond memories of his education.

Ramona said...

Five finishes in one weekend! That is awesome. I just love your quilt. The design is wonderful. And you have such fun table runners, too. Your Valentine's lunch looks so festive. What a great idea to teach the students etiquette and manners. I'm sure they love dressing up, too. Stay warm!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm interested in what you say about the school you teach at - how many grades are at this school that you have two rooms? This sounds like the old time school that I attended years ago in the 60's when it was a one room school in the country and the teacher had six grades to teach - luckily there was only 24 kids in the whole school LOL
Love your Tutti Frutti quilt

Mary said...

You are just rolling them out this year!! I need to get Betsy warmed up and going. I have way more than I even want to count. We chased that storm home yesterday. Glad for a bit of sunshine, even when it is still cold outside. Fickle February weather is here.

Kat Scribner said...

The tuti fruiti quilt is most adorable!

Jennifer said...

What a great weekend - congrats on the 5 finishes!

Judy D in WA said...

I swear you found some major mojo while reorganizing your sewing room! You are just knocking out the UFOs! And they are all fabulous! 2 of my grands go to a little bitty school. They love it! Cute setting for a special luncheon.

Barb Neiwert said...

Lots of fun projects you have going! As another Idaho quilter, I'm curious where you live? My guess would be northern Idaho? I'm in the southern Idaho mountains, and we just had snow last night, but we have been woefully low on snow this year here.