Monday, January 16, 2017

Finished Projects and a Big Mess

In an earlier post I showed small quilts that I was finishing during a quiltathon.  They are completely finished and I'm working on the last label.   Here they are with binding.

Deb's flower basket

quilting closeup

Christmas Wishes
Scrappy Bright Stars mini
I pieced the backing for my Tula Pink City Sampler using all the leftover fabrics.  I have just small scraps left.  Now to get it basted and quilted!

Today being it was MLK Civil Rights Day/Day of Service, I started a child's quilt using my box of 2" squares.  I don't have anything to show for that.  I also pressed my pile of hourglass units I have been working on as leaders and enders.  They were all triangle cutoffs from a large quilt I made for the American Hero project a few years ago.  I got them pressed, but not trimmed.
hourglass units ready for trimming

Now to the Big Mess.  Over the years I made many quilts for the American Hero quilt project.  I have collected blocks from people and made blocks and threw them all in a bin with assorted fabrics, a lot of them donated.   It's deceptive but that is a large gray tote underneath.  I am now switching gears and making a couple Quilts of Valor for a local presentation, then will go back to the American Hero project.  I have two Army officer nephews currently serving.  I had fully intended to dump out the bin and do some sorting today to see what I really have but other things came up today.

BIG MESS
Linking up with Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

Ramona said...

It feels good to have some of these little things finished, doesn't it? Not that your quilts are little, but the final steps are done. Have fun going through your bin of patriotic fabrics. I am so drawn to those and love red, white and blue quilts.

Judy D in WA said...

Your finishes are fabulous. Love the green and gray back!
I have dove into my bags and bins to see what I have.....it's scary there. Be careful! :)
Can't wait to see what you do for your nephews.

Mary said...

Yea for fonishes! Red, White & Blue are always in Season! Good for you to do QOV too. February 4th is our Guild National Sew-in Day for QOV. I will have to miss it for this year. Family events preempt the quilting some days.

Melissa said...

I like your new background! The finishes are great, and perfect backing for the Tula Pink quilt. and I like those kinds of big messes :)