It seemed to take forever, but I finally got the background done for my daughter Lisa's quilt. The short mortar pieces between the bricks sewed up quickly but it took a long time to sew all those horizontal rows. Now comes the fun part of drawing up leaf shapes to applique over the top. They will be fused and stitched, it would take me forever and a day to hand applique. The binding will be red.
I did get several pieces sewn on my postage stamp quilt as leader/enders as I was sewing this! I wish I had taken the time to cut more tumblers for my patriotic leader/ender tumbler quilt. I need to see how many more I need to assemble that top.
For fun I thought I would revisit some older quilts in future blog posts. I did it a few years ago and had fun. I finished this one in 2003. It was a series quilt in the old Foundation Piecer magazine and made completely with Moda Marble fabrics. It's still one of my favorite quilts and I usually take it to quilt camp.