Friday I had major oral surgery. I must say the relaxation drugs worked well, and I don't remember much of Friday. By Saturday I was up, although in pain and decided to machine quilt instead of stitching binding down. I was supposed to "take it easy" and what's easier than machine quilting! I know it stresses some people. I had this quilt basted and ready for quilting. I have someone who wants to purchase it, it's a row robin from the Pat Sloan group around 2000. It also needs its binding stitched down now. I did some different texture quilting in the rows and border, I will get a better picture when the binding is finished.
I want to get started machine quilting my Fire Island Hosta and needed a backing. One of my goals this year is to not buy backing. I had to for the Folk Art Album quilt as I wanted a nice flannel. Other than that I have a huge amount of fabric I need to use! I took all the leftovers and figured out to cut them in multiples of 4" finished and then started laying them out. Some pieces were a full 20 1/2" so that was my goal block size for assembly. The backing is 104 X 104.
This is another quilt I may have shown before. It's simply straight line quilted and it's from leftovers of another project. It needs binding stitched down too and will be for a donation.
Our oldest daughter and two grandkids are coming for a visit late in the week. We haven't seen them since Christmas. We are very excited to see them. Nicole will be two next month and Jared is 4 1/2. His vacation from preschool is next week. He called yesterday with plans for he and grandpa. He loves our farm trucks!