Monday, June 21, 2021

A few more quilt tops

 I have been in the midst of doing all my summer yard and house maintenance in the span of 10 days.  Oh how I wish we had TREX decking!  When we built our house it was brand new on the market and our neighbor who was building our decks in his spare time had never worked with it.  Well, fast forward to every few years needing to sand and refinish the decks.  I tried hiring someone, but he bailed on me three times.  So last week in the heat, I sanded and stained/waterproofed the decks along with lots of yardwork.  We have a huge yard and trying to keep up with the watering in this heat and the gardening...  you get the idea my sewing time is limited!  The first batch of company arrives Thursday.  

I finished 4 more Take 5 quilts.  Not a huge fan of all the fabrics.  But they are done and a box with 9 quilt tops was shipped today!  I didn't get great photos, they stick well to my design wall and looked wrinkled!  









2 comments:

Mary said...

Where did you send the Quilts? The heat is killer. I understand the no time for Quilting...
I thought I'd have a Preparation Day to Quilt once a week at least but it rarely has happened. DH has other things to go and do on those rare P-days. They look good even with a few wrinkles. Go Julie!

Patti said...

After all the work I am very surprised you had the energy to even make one!! They are very nice and I am sure someone will love them!