Monday, November 18, 2019

One Block Wonder and New Quilt

I finished another quilt shop sample, but didn't get a picture.  The last shop sample I had here to make was a One Block Wonder out of six horse panels.  I tackled that this past week and got it done!  It turned out well, although I miscalculated and it's wider and shorter than I had hoped.  I wasn't allowing for as much seam allowance in length than it took!  I really do know how to add and multiply!  The shop owner is going to add a border to it.  It turned out to be 51 X 54.

This is the panel I started with, stacking up six of them.

One Block Wonder
 I cut out a new quilt yesterday.  I purchased this kit from Starr Fabrics years and years ago (click for a view of the pattern). There are 30 hand dyed fabrics.  It wasn't quite as vibrant as I had hoped and I set it aside.  There are also appliques with fusible web that I will not  be using at this time.  I need a gift for a friend and I think this will be perfect.  I am ready to sew the strata together.
Hand dyed fabrics from Starr Fabrics.

Linking up with Design Wall Monday.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Testing my own blog again for comments!

Ramona said...

I never would have thought to use panels for a OBW and it worked really well! It’s a beautiful top. I love, love the fabrics you have ready for your next quilt. I’m looking forward to seeing it finished.

Judy D in WA said...

I love the OBW. I still have not made one. LOL I cannot wait to see the new quilt. The colors are gorgeous!

Quilter Kathy said...

That is a very cool One Block Wonder quilt! Can you believe I have never made one?!?!

تاج للخدمات المنزلية said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.