Monday, December 24, 2018

Quilted Gifts

December has been really busy and I made a few gifts.  I wanted to get some of my decoration photos done but never got to it.  Time flies by and work has been super busy.

I found this cute panel that I cut apart and adding sashing and borders to.  It is a nice wallhanging size but not quilted yet!

I designed this quilt in the reverse.  I found this cute vintage camper fleece and my boss loves the design of vintage campers. I picked colors of woolies flannel from the fleece and made a simple pinwheel quilt. It is a nice throw size and her husband is using it while recovering from surgery.


 The quilt below is about 45 X 60 and was a kit from Starr Fabrics many years ago.  I had pieced it a couple years ago and added the 3 dimensional prairie points and final border recently.  I added a farm theme backing, quilted it and gifted it to a neighbor who has cattle and chickens and is our school bus driver.

 This was a jelly roll of Woolies flannel and I had no clue what to do with them.  I had a few more on hand and designed this simple block.  I used a flannel on the back.  I gifted it to a coworker.
 This is not my favorite color combination.  I was using up some batiks (actually a friend at a retreat did a lot of the sewing a few years ago).  I had made it into a bed size quilt top, but really disliked it.  I took a seam apart in the middle and made two throw quilt tops and I quilted this one and added a fun flannel print on the back and gifted it to an amazing volunteer mom at school.  She was going throwing through a rough time and the colors looked like her.  She loves it and is so thrilled.  She usually gifts me wine!  :) 

Thati's it for now.  I did finish a quilt top last night, but I am gifting it to my sister unfinished.  She is going to be a grandma.  Pictures in my next post.

4 comments:

Mary said...

You give a lot. Good to see your projects. Merry Christmas. Quilt top for your Sister, gift for future grandbaby.

Ramona said...

youve been very busy making these wonderful quilts to gift. A flannel and fleece quilt sounds heavenly on these cold winter nights! Merry Christmas to you, Julie!

Melissa said...

No wonder you've been so quiet! :) Great gifts, I love the trailer fabric, the top looks very cozy too!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Great gifts!! and Wow - you got a lot done! I really like the pinwheel one - those are my colors too!