Wednesday, January 03, 2018

Revisiting Quilts

My sewing room is the biggest mess!  This reorganization thing is really intense and I keep getting sidetracked!  I have my vision and my husband said I am making progress, but it's hard to see at the moment.

One thing I uncovered was these hearts and flowers blocks that were sent to me by quilting friends when my son passed away 4 1/2 years ago.  The center is from a woman in Australia.  I couldn't deal with them at the time, but now I am ready and found them stuffed on my very top shelf.  They are wrinkled and need squared, but I had to put them on the wall to see them.  It will make a nice Valentine's wallhanging.   I don't know what I will do for sashing yet and will probably rearrange them.


 I am revisiting some older quilts.  I finished this Tropical Flowers quilt in 2006.  I paper pieced at one retreat, trace and appliqued at another and machine quilted at a third!  It's about 60" square and I had to stand in my laundry room to take a pic on the wall.

This is Urban Abacus I made a few years ago using the Quick Curve ruler by Sew Kind of Wonderful.  I LOVE this quilt.  I used the turquoise because I had enough of it on hand, but it's one of my favorite colors.
 I walked down to get the mail and I was a bit too early for the real sunset, but I took a picture anyway.  This is the road that runs in front of us.  The roads are good currently, but it's cold!



3 comments:

Ramona said...

Julie, your hearts are beautiful. What a nice quilt they will make. The abacus quilt is awesome! You know it’s right up my alley, too, with the turquoise! All of the quilts you have in this post are so nice. Hopefully, once your room is back in place, you can quilt aa coupe of these beauties. We had snow last night. :( Here it shuts down everything. :(

Sharon said...

The hearts quilt is lovely and needs to be on the wall or in use. I also love the paper pieced one. It is so tropical - just my thing.

Judy D in WA said...

The heart quilt is so special. It took me 10 years before I could work with my blocks. The tears were strong but healing. It's going to be a wonderful memento for you.