Monday, May 08, 2017

Getting my Quilting Mojo Back!

I am getting my quilting mojo back and it feels great!  This weekend I was able to get several lap size quilt tops ready for quilting and got three of them quilted as of this evening. I will post photos once they are done.  They will be donated to our local care center or other organizations my guild donates too.  

I realized I had not posted my finished top of leader/ender tumblers.  It is busy, and it took a couple years, but it is a great size for a veteran or injured soldier, depending on which organization I donate it to when it's quilted.  It didn't turn out like I had planned!
 Here is my completed top from the pattern Rhubarb Pie by Madison Cottage Designs.  It is about twin size/large throw.  I added leftover strips for borders pieced together and on person I made the top/bottom and sides different.  I named mine Blue Hawaiian after an adult beverage I had in Hawaii last year.
lumpy yard

on the front deck

back deck with my crazy dog herding a piece of drain tile.  Farm buildings in the background.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Glad you got you MOJO back! The Tumbler Quilt is a great QOV. Always good to see your projects.

Ramona said...

Yay!! for the return of your quilting MoJo! It must be the week for finishing tumbler leader/ender quilts. :) I love your Blue Hawaiian quilt. The colors are my favorites! Looking forward to seeing your finished quilts later.

JanetD said...

Hurray for the mojo, and summer break is almost here too. The tumbler quilt is very patriotic, and I like the layout, good planning. So was the Blue Hawaiian drink as refreshing as the quilt? It's very pretty.