Monday, February 15, 2016

A Few Finishes

I have managed to finish 4 projects out of six so far on the 2016 Finish a Long that I shared in this post.  First, my Scrap Squad quilt is finished, photographed and the blog post will be done today for Quiltmaker.  I can't wait to share the quilt with all of you!

I then picked three small quilts to quilt and bind.  I am getting back into the mode of machine quilting and it feels great!  I am also working on a secret gift for a friend's birthday.  I had to deal with getting all my tax stuff together for our CPA last week.  The joys of being self employed farmers and dealing with the estate of my FIL!  

I am thrilled to have this Dragonfly wallhanging finished and hanging!  It was all hand appliqued in the car or on trips.

Hand Appliqued Dragonfly wallhanging for my guest bath
quilting closeup

Leaders and Enders project for a donation quilt, quilted in the ditch
Fairy Frost leftovers - donation wheelchair quilt for care center


quilting closeup
 My friend Robin in Washington sent me these beautiful vintage Grandmother's Flower garden blocks. She also sent some precut hexagons and extra fabrics!  I sewed the row together on the left and I will sew the next row and then try to hook the two rows together.  The blocks are beautifully done, but they have a super tiny seam allowance.  It will be a great quilt when it's finished and I'm excited to own these blocks!

I am linking up with Patchwork Times and Main Crush Monday!




4 comments:

Mary said...

Love the gfg and fairy frost quilts. I gotta go see you Scrap Squad quilt.

JanetD said...

A nice lot of finishes, especially when you factor in taxes too. Anxiously awaiting seeing the final scrap squad project. What size are the Hexie block pieces?

Ramona said...

your grandmothers flower garden blocks are going to make a beautiful quilt. Love your dragonfly! And your donation quilts are fun and colorful. Great finishes!

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

Lately I have seen several Grandmother's Flower Garden blocks popping up. The more I see them, the more I like them. The one's you have are so pretty and will be so pretty when they are all sewn together. I'm looking forward to seeing that finish! Thanks for linking up to MCM. Have a great sewing week!