Monday, October 12, 2015

Design Wall Monday

Last week I finished quilting and binding my next quilt for the Quiltmaker Scrap Squad.  My post should go live on Friday and then I will be able to share what I made out of the purple strips from the last post!

My daughter and her husband visited over the weekend so we spent time trying to introduce their dog to our two dogs (not very successfully) but fortunately our dogs are mostly outside and hers is mostly inside!  I didn't get any quilting done but we had a lot of fun playing games.

Today I got caught up on the 1930's Farmers Wife Quilt blocks.  Well, actually I made all six of them that have been assigned via Gnome Angel's website.  This is not my normal style of fabric, but I think they are fun.

On my design wall I put up some leader/ender blocks I have been working on for a few weeks.  I am using batik scraps to make a charity quilt.  It will be bigger, but it's fun to see what the quilt will look like.  I will have to decide on sashing.

I am also machine quilting a project I can't show yet!

Check out what other's are working on at Patchwork Times.



1 comment:

Mary said...

I like your Bright colors in the 1930's Farmer's Wife. You caught up fast. Are you using the Marti Michell Templates and rotary Cutting instructions? So far so good! I'm amazed at the blocks on Facebook that aren't precise. I know some are beginners, but the mistakes are so obvious. Getting off my Quilt Police soapbox...