Monday, September 29, 2014

Design Table Monday

I have been busy canning and juicing grapes.  Takes a lot of time away from quilting on my days off work but it's worth it throughout the year!  I have lots of canned tomatoes now, I made a lot of salsa last year and have plenty left.

I did finish the borders on my Crown of Thorns, I need to get that photo taken, but I don't have the space at the moment.  The same two projects are on my design wall and I have an extra table set up for basting.

We are going to a wedding in less than two weeks and I decided to give the couple a quilt I already had the top ready for.  They will be living in a small pole barn and I thought this quilt would fit the bill.  Even though some of the blocks were made by friends, I am just not a scrappy quilt person and with over 250 quilts in the house I thought I could part with one!  This is a pattern from Quiltville called Sister's Choice.

When I pin baste for machine quilting on my Pfaff Grand Quilter, I lay the backing out on a banquet style table (the heavy brown ones) and clamp the backing to the table.  I then lay out the batting and quilt top, over that and baste the center, then move it over the table to do the rest.  This quilt is just full size, but I have a six foot table end to end with another table and it gave me room to get the quilt laid out lengthwise.  After the quilt is moved to one side or the other I just clamp on top to hold it in place.

Hooking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times.

1 comment:

Mary said...

You are generous! I love the blocks in that quilt. I want to make a big one. I made Sister Choice -baby size for my Granddaughter last year.