Thursday, August 06, 2009

Some Scrappy Quilts

I always have good intentions to get back to my blogging but then time flies by! It's been a very different summer. There is always something going on with not much quilting! I'm trying to fix that though!

I thought I would start trying to catch up on blogging with posting my most recent finishes. In late spring I participated in a block swap with a small internet group and we were provided a paper piecing pattern for scrappy strip blocks. I guess I got carried away rough cutting pieces! In July I got the quilt together from the swap and here is the photo.During my rough July I randomly sewed the leftover pieced together, trimmed them to a usable width and added sashings from my stash. I quilted all three of them on my new Pfaff Grand Quilter last weekend and I LOVE that machine! I didn't do fancy quilting, just got the hang of controlling the machine. All three quilts are being donated to a cancer clinic for patients undergoing chemo.

3 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Ohhhh pretty!!!! So bright and cheerful. I know the recipients will love them.

Glad you got to have some time on the new machine. Enjoy.

Karen said...

All three quilts are wonderful! How lovely to donate them to the cancer clinic.

Cindy said...

Even when you're not feeling quilt busy you accomplish so much! Way to go.