Monday, April 16, 2007

Quilt Show Thoughts

Saturday I went to the annual Palouse Patchers quilt show in Moscow, Idaho. I always enjoy this show. This year I met 5 friends before hand for lunch after dropping my daughter off to visit friends. I was not overly inspired by the large quilts, but oh my on the small quilts. Karen Schoeflin Hagen from Genesee, ID is so wonderfully creative. She had done two sets of alphabet quilts. Small pieces with so much detail and thought. That was 52 small quilts! I think it would be a fun journal type project to get me doing more fun stuff.

Karen also made the most fanstatic lilacs. First of all her branches were recylced pantyhose. The lilacs were baby rick rack. I just don't have the creative brain to think like that! Karen also had a couple other wall quilts I just loved. She was in a mystery project, which was really a pretty regular pieced block project, like a lot of us have done. But the most incredible applique was added! I wish I could share pictures, but I am not one to put other people's work on my page without permission.

I also have been overwhelmed by the vast amount of projects and fabric I have so I only came away with some freebie fabric. Not good for the vendor business I know, but I just didn't need anything.



No comments: