Monday, January 30, 2017

A Little Progress

I have had a lot of things going on, getting tax stuff ready, being sick, working, getting my house ready for new flooring, etc.  I have been sewing in my free time.  

I did finish my Tula Pink City Sampler, quilted and bound!  I entered it an Instagram contest, but there are a lot of great entries!
Tula Pink City Sampler - 100 Modern Quilt Blocks
quilting closeup
quilting closeup

I also have some tops together out of my BIG MESS in my last post.  I also have one more almost together and another one I am piecing as leader/enders.  I bought a bolt of backing and had hoped to do some machine quilting, but that hasn't happened yet.  These quilts will be donated to the American Hero project.  I will eventually do a couple for Quilt of Valor.

Blocks were all donated or won in a block lotto at a retreat 64 X 80

Center was given to me as well as two different sets of blue blocks.  I came up with this setting
We have had six snow days so far this year at school and more snow is predicted.  We do have some makeup days to do, but snow can also be pretty! 
one of our fields on the way home from work last week
 Linking up to Patchwork Times.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Love that you got your Tula Quilt Done. I didn't see the deadline. Can I go and VOTE? I was told I brought snow back to the PNW with me tonight. I amhappy to see those RW & B blocks again. Was that at Leavenworth?