Sunday, January 16, 2011

It just needed binding

I've had this wallhanging done and just needing binding for quite a while. We watched Casa Blanca for the first time Friday night so I was able to do the binding. We have been trying to watch some classics but in most cases we aren't impressed! Thankfully they go back in the mail to Netflix.

I stitched the blocks last year from Alex Anderson's site and added colored pencil to them. I had a bunch of 2.5" squares of 30's fabrics so that was the setting squares.
block closeup


I received the blocks for these American Hero quilts last July and August and set them together into tops and finally got the borders on. One of my yahoo groups hosted a sew-in New Years weekend to work on blocks and quilts for the project. I mailed three tops off Friday.

4 comments:

Piecefulafternoon said...

Ohhh I love the flowers. I've never tried the colored pencils - though I have a lot of them. You'll have to give us some hints on how this is done.

Tink said...

Soooo cute are those hearts...and perfect with your thirty's choice.

Sharon T in Lynden said...

I love embroidery Julie, and those are so cute. I printed out the patterns too, but haven't done anything with them yet.
Is the colored pencil kind of like the color crayon idea?

VICKYFF said...

Wish all of the network of friends have a new start .
Scarves Scarves
hope you have a great 2011. Thanks for the link, sweetie!
Titanium Necklaces