Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Quilt a day #37

I had 4-H members here today for sewing, one finished a skirt and one started a quilt. She was a bit scary because she likes to hurry and teaching a 9 yo to cut safely with a rotary cutter takes a lot of patience and nerves! I also have to hold the ruler at the ends for her.

I made this top two years ago on commission for my friend Deb to give as a wedding gift to her niece. She had tried to get a feel for the color choices of her niece and sent a bunch of pics of quilts and everything was very definitely country and this was in one of Kim Diehl's books Simple Blessings. Everyone was thrilled with it.

2 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Very nice quilt - I like the green in it especially.

Anonymous said...

I really like this one. I still haven't figured out why I choose to decorate in the country theme, yet I always gravitate toward bright fabric at the store. Ugh! The dilemna! ROFL!