Saturday, April 03, 2010

Quilt a day #32

Happy Easter! It will just be my mom joining three of us tomorrow but I think we will have plenty of food! Ham, rolls, potato salad, jello eggs, deviled eggs, bbq green beans, and bunny cake and I'm sure some misc. things too, pickles, olives, etc.

Today I finished all the things I wanted to get done on spring break so that feels good. I also started getting ready for the retreat. I'm going to Palouse Divide Lodge (Sharon had asked). It's about an hour and a half from here, it used to be a ski hill. We have a small group so we will be in the old lodge but the meals are in the main lodge. We have booked the same weekend with another group for the third year in a row and we have a joint show and tell Saturday night.

My friend Sharon has a top I assembled on her blog for today. Check it out!

Since it's Easter tomorrow today's feature is my Easter quilts. The first one is a round robin from several years ago. I was thrilled with this one. I had to stand in my laundry room to take the picture since it's hanging in the hallway. The quilt hanger is straight it really is! The second quilt is small and one I purchased one finished at a UFO auction for $5. I quilted it, added some beads and bound it with a dimensional strip next to the border.

1 comment:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wonderful springy easter quilts. The bottom one is my favorite - of course - you know me and those 30s fabrics.

Have fun on your retreat - it sounds great.