Saturday, March 14, 2009

My New Quilt Project

I have been doing some machine quilting and miscellaneous blocks. I decided yesterday to start a new project for me just because I wanted to! Yes, I have a large amount of unfinished projects, but they aren't going anywhere. I have several quilts to machine quilt for others (on my Janome 6500) but I needed a me break.

A few months ago I bought the Prickly Pear kit from Bold Over Batiks. I couldn't figure out the directions at first, but finally read them again and it made sense. The designer is Karen Stone and I love her paper pieced patterns but hadn't made any of her applique patterns. I took a before and after picture of one of the blocks and it's amazing the difference the stitching makes.

I am using decorative stitches on my Pfaff 2040 with Madeira Polyneon and Superior Rainbow threads with Superior Bottom Line in the bobbin. It's working wonderfully. Maybe by the time I am done with all 12 blocks I will be able to figure out out to turn corners easier and at the right time!

6 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wow Julie - that stitching is neat. Glad you are taking some time for yourself - can't wait to see the finished project. You do such great stuff.

Tink said...

These blocks are freaking adorable! Kudos from your fellow ParaPal!

Cindy said...

Thanks for posting a before and after pic...really helps to see how much the stitching adds to the blocks. So pretty. I love it.

Karen said...

That's a fun one!

Perry County Public Library said...

the blocks look great, so bright and fun. glad you're doing something for you. who cares how many ufo's we have?

NurseBrandy said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!