Monday, March 25, 2019

Piecing and Piecing

Things are the usual crazy busy here!  I have had some distractions, but have managed to piece a bit.  I went to a retreat a couple weeks ago and worked on a couple projects.  Neither of them are done, but that's the story of my life! 

This is a quilt I am working on for my brother.  It needs borders.  It was a kit I purchased with my brother in mind and I'm finally getting to it.  I worked on it at the retreat.
\
I saw the American Patchwork and Quilting magazine with the pattern Sew Many Strips.  I cut out hundreds of 1.5" strips and pieced them at the retreat and started making blocks.  These are NOT my normal colors at all.   Most of these are Bonnie and Camille fabrics, except I added other low volume backgrounds.  I only have 27 blocks left to make and then the pieced border.  I have no idea what I am going to do with it when I am done though!


I pieced three more tops for my friend's shop.  I couldn't get great pictures, but here they are.  Lots of work with panels.



My younger daughter came to visit and brought the twins!  They are 16 months old now.  My older daughter will be here later today with my other two grandkids!  Spring break!



Linking up with Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

3 comments:

Ramona said...

Oh my! Your little grands are adorable! Love your Camille quilt. Great design. Your designs with the panel quilts are really great, too. They really kick the panels up a notch or two. Enjoy your visit with your daughter and her family. My daughter and son-in-law just headed back home after a great visit.

Mary said...

Nice quilt samples. You did a lot at Retreat. Glad you get Grandma time!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Gosh!! You have been busy!! LOVE the one you are working on for your brother!