Monday, May 07, 2018

Wizard's Chest quilt and retreat

The weekend of April 26th to 29th I went to a quilt retreat.  It's a small retreat, with 10 of us.  The retreat is at Reflections Inn, a B&B on the Clearwater River.  I had previously posted the pieces I had cut for Wizard's Chest quilt, a pattern from 2017 in McCall's Quick Quilts.  I didn't get the top finished at retreat, but managed to finish it this weekend!  I stay stitched around the edge of the quilt this afternoon so the seams won't pop!  I used Kaffe Fassett fabrics and black and white prints.



Middle Fork of the Clearwater River.  Lewis and Clark traveled on the ridges above the river

me chain piecing!


Wizard's Chest quilt top completed!
 





10 comments:

Mary said...

That's a lot of black and white half Square triangles! I'm glad you had fun at your retreat.

Dorothy said...

I LOVE it !!

BunkHouseQuilts said...

I love it, after I saw this earlier, I bookmarked it so I could look at it again and be inspired! Looks like a beautiful retreat. Last one I went on was in Red Lodge Montana with my closest friend from childhood. We used to sew clothes together and now, we are quilting together 50 years later.

Ramona said...

Your retreat photos are beautiful. I'm glad you had a good time and were so productive. Wizard's Chest is GORGEOUS!! Oh my. These are my colors and they just pop with the black and white. It's a stunner!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that looks like a very pretty relaxing place to have a retreat. Love that quilt the black and white just really sets it off great

Judy D in WA said...

Those are beautiful retreat surroundings! Looks like a fun retreat. I love small retreats. Oh heck, I love big ones too. ;) I love that quilt so much. Can't wait to start mine.

Sally said...

Great colors and a really fun pattern.

Judy Hansen said...

Lovely quilt! The colors are beautiful. And it sounds like you had a great time at the retreat. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Monday, Judy

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Wow!! What a beautiful place and an amazing quilt!

Barb Neiwert said...

What an excellent location for a retreat! No cell phone service, and just being able to quilt and chat away with friends - perfect! Your quilt is beautiful!