Monday, August 31, 2015

Design Wall Monday and Scrap Squad posting

My design wall is exactly the same.  I haven't touched the blue and green charity quilt from last week. However, I had school district meetings and made a t-shirt quilt from start to finish.  This is being made as a favor for someone and there are lots of Fire related t-shirts as the person was on fire crews. The quilt turned out to be a wide throw.  The sashing is lightweight denim and I didn't take a picture of the pine cone flannel on the back.  I used a lightweight polyester batting and it's still pretty heavy. I did very simple straight line stitching in the sashing and then custom quilted in each t-shirt print with matching threads so not cover up the print.




My big news is last week my quilt was featured on the Quiltmaker Quilty Pleasures blog!  It was a fun quilt to make and one I hadn't been able to show that I worked on.  Check out the blog for my post, but here is the quilt.
Deb's Oriental Garden

Check out Patchwork Times for other great quilt ideas!

4 comments:

Mary said...

I have only made a couple T-Shirt Quilts and hope to never have to do another one. Your Oriental Quilt turned out great.

JanetD said...

The use of oriental fabrics in that pattern was genius. The two work together so nicely, another beautiful quilt. Will I see any of yours weekend in the show?

Melissa said...

Good job on the tshirt quilt! Also, so far your scrappy takes on the (scrapsquad) quilts have been my favorite.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Deb's Garden is a lovely quilt. Congrats!